Tip top hot stuff Tartare, this will get your juices flowing, your ears pricked up and your berries tingling! It’s also a fantastic hangover cure or sobering fix if you’ve had too many cocktails before dinner; a dinner party winner.
- Loin of venison or beef fillet (2 good size steaks)
- X2 little buggers (anchovies) finely chopped
- X1 banana shallot finely chopped
- ½ handful of little gherkins finely chopped
- X1 tsp. of capers finely chopped
- Juice of a lime and a half
- tsp. of cider vinegar
- tsp. of Dijon mustard
- Little drizzle of olive oil
- Salt / pepper (Cornish)
- The Dorset Chili Shop ‘Melt your effing face off’ sauce, LITERALLY ½ HALF A TEA SPOON (or teaspoon of Tabasco)
- Secret ingredient, 12 year old McClelland a spoonful
The trick to this superb dish is to dice the meat very finely and into delicate pieces.
Get yourself a good size bowl, add the diced meat and squeeze over the lime juice, this will kill any bacteria and slightly cook the outside of the fillet.
Add all the ingredients from above, mix in well and really massage in the flavours. Leave to rest overnight in the fridge.
Serve with Melba toast and duck egg yoke, simply sublime!